With the COVID-19 pandemic changing the way home sellers and real estate agents conduct business, many sellers are wondering how they can adapt their marketing strategies to connect with buyers on virtual platforms. If you plan to polish up your online listings and take buyers on virtual tours, you’ll need to organize your belongings and stage your home so that it looks great on screen. We’ve gathered resources to help you prepare your home’s interior and exterior, polish your photography skills, and edit your photos and videos with user-friendly tools.
Brainstorm Alternatives to Physical Showings
If you want to show buyers around your home without inviting them inside, you have a variety of different options at your disposal.
- Take photos for your online real estate listings to create a complete gallery that showcases every room in your home.
- Don’t overlook the power of social media marketing when it comes to selling your home!
- Allow buyers to see every corner of your home with a virtual 3D tour.
Prepare Your Home for Virtual Tours
Take the time to clean, declutter, organize, and stage every room in your home to make it look great on camera — and don’t forget the exterior, too!
- Begin your organizing efforts by tackling common sources of clutter, like messy piles of papers in your kitchen and home office.
- Hire a professional organizer to implement storage solutions that will help you keep your home tidy and stay organized.
- Overall, your to-do list should include deep cleaning, making repairs, boosting your property’s curb appeal, and even minor renovations.
- Finally, consider giving your walls a fresh coat of paint — a brighter shade will make your home stand out on camera.
- Connect with a realtor from Eagan Luxury Real Estate for a staging analysis and their unique perspective on the real estate market.
Photographing and Filming Your Home
You don’t need fancy photography equipment to capture your home at its best - just utilize the following tactics and perfect your images and videos with affordable apps and software.
- If you’re shooting with your iPhone, brush up on these helpful photography techniques.
- Make sure every room is camera-ready and follow these tips to capture well-lit, visually appealing photos and videos of your home.
- Download these popular photo editing apps onto your smartphone to polish your images.
- Use free, beginner-friendly video editing software to create a complete virtual tour.
Selling a home during COVID-19 is no easy task, but don’t overlook the fact that there are still plenty of interested buyers searching for homes in your local market! By staging your home to make it look appealing on-screen, you’ll be one step closer to connecting with a buyer!
Photo via Unsplash